Friday, June 18, 2010

Athletic's Day

Last week we had athletics day with our distance school.  More than showing who had stamina and skill and sporting  ability, it showed up personalities and graces or lack of them! Jarryn, 2, lacked the most graces as he was bored and grumpy most of the day, afterwards I came down with a tummy bug and realised he probably had tummy cramps contributing to the misery of his day. But he did a 100m race and came second....there were only two running! But his brothers and sisters were so proud of him. All the kids got some placements. And I was so proud of them, but I pointed out a little girl who came last every single time, but had the most joyous smile ever, every single time.....I recon, she was the champion of the day! All had stamina and determination that surprised me...Emma ran 800 metres, which for a petite 8 year old was amazing to me! Jo did every single running race except the relays as we left early and just as well too- it took us 3 hours to get home due to traffic, being the beginning of a long weekend. Jonathan and Erica, we discovered run short distance well, Josh is our long distance champ. Jo and Erica are good all rounders trying out most of the following...discus and shot put, long jump, basket ball shots, football kicks etc. Tim as a typical 5 year old kept looking at his competitors, how they all run forward with their faces looking sideways or behind, I do not know!

I thought I had left my camera behind, only to discover I had been lugging it around all day in my handbag/nappy/etc bag . Of course I only discovered it right at the bottom of my bag when searching for a peppermint/bribe as we were packing the car to leave....so no photographs, as I sadly do not have a clue how to put them onto the computer with my phone having no blue tooth?? I think I can send them to Doug and he can download them. In the meanwhile you can see Erica on our friend's blog!

http://greshamadventures.blogspot.com/2010/06/big-race.html

And of course any running races are a reminder that our lives are like a running race....1 Corinthians 9: 24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one receives the prize? So run that you may obtain it.
Hebrews 12:1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us also lay aside every weight, and sin which clings so closely, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us,

No comments:

Post a Comment