5 For your Maker is your husband,
to grant to those who mourn in Zion—
Here is another gem of a 'Grace Gem' that came to me via email today....listen to the short audio too, it is well worth it! Our God is able to provide in all times for all things. And I am always amazed as to how he sends the perfect verse, or person to encourage at just the right moment. He is indeed our Jehovah Jirah.
Grace Gems (choice ELECTRONIC books, sermons & quotes)Today's Puritan Audio Devotional:~ ~ ~ ~ ~
If Jehovah is your God!
(by James Smith)
"I will be their God--and they shall be My people!" Hebrews 8:10
So has Jehovah purposed, in reference to those whom He has eternally loved and chosen. All of our present and future blessedness, is wrapped up in this holy and gracious purpose.
If Jehovah is your God--then all of His glorious attributes and perfections and engaged and employed for your eternal welfare!
His mercy will supply all your needs.
His power will conquer all of your foes.
His wisdom will direct all of your ways.
His faithfulness will answer all of your prayers.
His justice will maintain your cause.
His infinite love and mercy will be displayed in all of His gracious dealings with you!
If Jehovah is your God--then . . .
His promises are your heritage;
His precepts are your rule;
His doctrines are your present paradise;
His Son is your Savior and King;
His Spirit is your sanctifier and Tutor; and
He Himself is your everlasting portion! Psalm 119:57
If Jehovah is your God--then He will freely confer all really good things on you at present--and crown you at last with eternal glory! He will . . .
guide you continually,
chasten you occasionally,
receive you graciously,
and bless you indeed!
If Jehovah is your God--then all things are yours--things present and to come; life, death, the world, Heaven--all are yours!
If Jehovah is your God--then He will consider nothing too great to do for you--and nothing too glorious to give to you! All the treasures of time, and all the resources of eternity--will, if necessary, be employed for your spiritual and eternal benefit! You can lack nothing which is really for your good.
To have Jehovah for your God, is the highest blessedness and honor in the universe!
How blessed is the man--who has Jehovah as his God!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We have published James Smith's superb 100 page book, "The Love of Christ! The Fullness, Freeness, and Immutability of the Savior's Grace Displayed!"
~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Feel free to forward this on to your friends.
1. Who is he in yonder stall at whose feet the shepherds fall? Refrain: 'Tis the Lord, O wondrous story! 'Tis the Lord, the King of glory; at his feet we humbly fall, crown him, crown him Lord of all! 2. Lo, at midnight who is he prays in dark Gethsemane? (Refrain) 3. Who is he in Calvary's throes asks for blessings on his foes? (Refrain) 4. Who is he who from the grave comes to heal and help and save? (Refrain) 5. Who is he that from yon throne rules the world of light alone? (Refrain)
Alternative verses: from Christain Hymns
1. verese 1 above.
2. Who is he in deep distress fasting in the wilderness?
3. Who is He to whom they bring all sick and sorrowing?
4. Who is he who stands and weeps at the grave where Lazarus sleeps?
5. Lo at midnight, who is he prays at dark Gethsemane?
6 Who is he on yonder tree, dies in grief and agaony?
7. Who is He who from the grave comes to rescue, help and save?
8. verse 5 above