Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lift up your eyes...


A butterfly awaits within...

This week has been a very happy week of rejoicing over new life, but also a very sad week. I have seen two new gorgeous babies and had the privilege of cuddling them, enjoying them and praising God for their new lives but I have also sat with two people in hospital, one of whom is ready to go to be with her Lord. I also received some news of concern from a friend too. Again, I feel so out of my depth to reach out in love....but keep praying God would help me encourage as I go along. I come away always more blessed than I am a blessing. This week I have been left feeling challenged and touched. I am left feeling humbled and grateful for God's goodness in all circumstances and difficulties.

When I was at school our principal used to read this Psalm every term on both the first and last days of school...when I cry out to God, it is often this Psalm that comes to memory. I got terribly lost this week driving to visit someone and found myself surrounded by beautiful hills, with a little quaint church in front of me as I was praying to God and thinking of this Psalm......it was one of the most beautiful scenes I have ever seen! Isn't God thoughtful to have let me get so lost and to have touched my soul so gently with such beauty! It will forever be a photograph in my memory!

Tomorrow I look forward to celebrating a wedding, see my sewing blog. ( http://joyz-own-dezign.blogspot.com/ ) The lady who is struggling in hospital is the brides close and very dear Aunty... please pray for all in these circumstances.

Psalm 121

My Help Comes from the Lord

A Song of Ascents.

121:1 I lift up my eyes to the hills.
From where does my help come?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
who made heaven and earth.

3 He will not let your foot be moved;
he who keeps you will not slumber.
4 Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.

5 The Lord is your keeper;
the Lord is your shade on your right hand.
6 The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.

7 The Lord will keep you from all evil;
he will keep your life.
8 The Lord will keep
your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore.

No comments:

Post a Comment