Wednesday, October 28, 2009

How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds and How Deep the Father's Love for Us:

Today we accidently found an alternative tune for "How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds". The tune for "How Deep the Father Love For Us" by stuart Townend fits with the words for "How Sweet the Name of Jesus Sounds". We don't have anyone who plays the piano well enough for us to sing along, so when we sing together we have to find the tune with our voices and sometmes we get it wrong, in this case the 'wrong' worked rather well! Our problem is... it is usually me who finds the tune but if someone sings the wrong tune, then I go blank and cannot find the correct tune.

Here are the two hymns in discussion..... (How Sweet is public domain, How Deep includes the link to the publishers. )

How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds (By John Newton)

How sweet the Name of Jesus sounds
In a believer’s ear!
It soothes his sorrows, heals his wounds,
And drives away his fear.

It makes the wounded spirit whole,
And calms the troubled breast;
’Tis manna to the hungry soul,
And to the weary, rest.

Dear Name, the Rock on which I build,
My Shield and Hiding Place,
My never failing treasury, filled
With boundless stores of grace!

By Thee my prayers acceptance gain,
Although with sin defiled;
Satan accuses me in vain,
And I am owned a child.

Jesus! my Shepherd, Husband, Friend,
O Prophet, Priest and King,
My Lord, my Life, my Way, my End,
Accept the praise I bring.

Weak is the effort of my heart,
And cold my warmest thought;
But when I see Thee as Thou art,
I’ll praise Thee as I ought.

Till then I would Thy love proclaim
With every fleeting breath,
And may the music of Thy Name
Refresh my soul in death!

How Deep The Father's Love for us:(By Stuart Townend)
See http://www.ap0s7le.com/list/song/28/Stuart_Townend/How_Deep_The_Father

How deep the Father's love for us,
How vast beyond all measure
That He should give His only Son
To make a wretch His treasure

How great the pain of searing loss,
The Father turns His face away
As wounds which mar the chosen One,
Bring many sons to glory

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders
Ashamed I hear my mocing voice,
Call out among the scoffers

It was my sin that helf Him there
Until it was accomplished
His dying breath has brought me life
I knoww that it is finished

I will not boast in anything
No gifts, no power, no wisdom
But I will boast inJesus Christ
His death and resurrection

Why should I gain from His reward?
I cannot give an answer
But this I know with all my heart
His wounds have paid my ransom
(REPEAT)

No comments:

Post a Comment