Saturday, August 27, 2011

Job: Blessed be the name of the Lord

This morning I was listening to Job online (  http://www.esvbible.org/search/Job+1/ ) My two littlest boys were 'listening in' with me for morning cuddles - about a year ago Pastor Kevin Clarke preached from Job for many weeks. How grateful I am for that teaching and how I love these passages now. I was thrilled to see Timothy's recognition of the passages we had studied so well. The kid's memory verse  at one stage was, "There was a man in the land of Uz whose name was Job, and that man was blameless and upright, one who feared God and turned away from evil." Job 1:1

What an amazing example Job is to us....just after he has heard news of waves of loss; loss of property, livestock, his 10 beloved children, the Bible says this of him....

Job1: 20 Then Job arose and tore his robe and shaved his head and fell on the ground and worshiped. 21 And he said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.

22 In all this Job did not sin or charge God with wrong.

 In troubles and grief...God is our friend...there is never need to blame God instead of running to the Creator of the universe for sanctuary, rest and strength. Our troubles are man made not God made, and He is our help and refuge, our joy and delight. 

May God grant us the attitude of Job in all situations, for blessed, blessed is the name of our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment