Saturday, February 6, 2010

My sweet hubby sent this quote to me today : - ) Number Two


Today Douglas sent me this quote by none other than himself,

"In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My shirts will not be pressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire your ironing ability."

At first I just had to giggle and giggle, then I was a bit worried- had he run out of ironed shirts? And yes, we ( Erica who enjoys ironing over all other jobs/chores and I) iron his shirts for him but then he will changes nappies, put kids to bed, wash dishes etc and earns good bucks - so you absolutely cannot call him a MCP, all you feminists out there! Besides last time he ironed, the phone rang and he jokingly pretended to pick up the phone/iron and burnt his face! He is better at doing engineering than ironing anyway! 'Tis called team work!

Sometimes I might add he prefers to wear an un-ironed shirt, so don't blame me if you see him wearing a crumpled shirt- he can be somewhat unconventional. (Of course I am never unconventional , am I?) I finally asked him about the shirts when he arrived home after 10 PM tonight, after taxi-ing kids around...he reassured me he was just enjoying playing with words....should have just checked the wardrobe :), but today has just been one of those super-di-duper busy days! And we were at home for most of the day too. I look forward to putting my feet up this weekend, of course only after ironing:-). Never mind, he will put his feet up too, after he has vacumed the house etc...he's a good man, my man; he is and " 'tiz de truph!" (it's the truth)
As I quoted on the 21st January True love ennobles and dignifies the material labors of life; and homely services rendered for love's sake have in them a poetry that is immortal.

Harriet Beecher Stowe (1811-1896)

No comments:

Post a Comment