Saturday, May 12, 2012

Oh "Stone of Israel", Chief Cornerstone...

Here is a prayer the children and I came across tonight, Timothy enjoyed it so much he read it out a second time, even through he struggled over some of the words... from a book called the Wonderful Names of Our wonderful God, by IL Horton and Charles Hurbust, p 6 Based on gen 49:24 God the Stone of Israel.

Oh "Stone of Israel", Chief Cornerstone, rejected by the Builders, Stone of Stumbling, Rock of Offence, Foundation Stone, on which alone we build aught that shall stand, make me polished, living stone; built in with other stones; perchance a pillar to go out no more, but always a part of Your temple, for Your own indwelling. Thrice holy Lord, self offered for my peace; through death that I may live, through fire that I may become indestructible; consumed that I might live, consumed that I may feed on You in holiest communion - enlighten me today untill I perceive Your peace that passes uderstanding. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment