Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My prayer

This is a puritan prayer that Stuart Towend has put to music, I love it and prayer all my family would know htis peace in their lives...


An Old Puritan prayer:
(Music by Stuart Townend)

Blessed Spirit of the King,
of grace and love the author,
Work repentance deep within
And bend me at your alter.
Melt my heart with (thy) majesty
Then show my ruined self to me;
Teach me to more clearly see
You might and will to save me.

Here I place without reserve
My soul in faith and meekness,
Trusting in Christ’s power and love
To flourish in my weakness.
Cause my days on earth to be
Through time and through eternity
A trophy of His victory
A monument to mercy.

Teach me to behold my God
And trust His power to save me
Arms outstretched in constant love
Whose strength will never fail me.
Help me to commune with Him,
Depend and follow after Him,
That through my life His peace will rein
And joy be my companion.
http://www.musicnotes.com/sheetmusic/mtdVPE.asp?ppn=MN0091149

No comments:

Post a Comment