Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My Heart is Filled with Thankfulness 2



Jonathan's baptism was very moving. People kept congratulating me but I felt really embarrassed by this (perhaps it was just a cultural way of being happy for me that I did not understand, I still find I miss things along the way, so maybe?) Anyway one thought that has come of it was that, "you have no grandchildren in Christianity!" No credit should be mine, it is by God's good kindness and grace that my son, Jonathan, has this gift of eternal life and eternal peace. Life in all it's fullness right now as he enjoys the best of life with the greatest happiness possible and only possible through belief in Jesus Christ.

Baptism is a picture/symbol of the old life dead, in the grave ( under the water) and new life with Christ symbolised as you are raised up out of the water. In itself Baptism holds no power at all, it is just a symbolic act that Jesus of Nazareth who is God, asked his followers to do something like 2000 years ago.

You can see Jonathan's testimony at his new blog and I will give you a link as soon as he is ready! He had some friends from other churches join us for this service and some some people came for afternoon tea too. It was a very good day....thank you to all who came and participated in this special occasion!

A couple were also baptised. She was from a Catholic background but had not met Jesus and was introduced to the Lord by her husband to be, when she was about 13/14. Another young man was from the Middle East and has had his family cut ties since he has come to faith. Pray for his safety and God's provision for him as he has no financial support from family now as he studies in Australia.

Here is Jonathan being baptised. My heart is indeed filled with thankfulness!


No comments:

Post a Comment